Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Kick panel air vents.

I got the replacement gaskets from Muscle Car Research for the kick panel air vents & I will be installing them this weekend & was wondering if I have to remove the dashboard, or if I remove all the bolts will the dash move enough for me to install the vents?.

Are you just talking about the vent covers?  If so you can do those with everything installed.  I just put mine in.

If you are talking about the actual vent itself, then its harder.  Driver side the park brake/foot pedal needs to be unbolted.  Dont think you need to pull the cable.  I did have the dash completely out at the time.  But I would think the drivers side is doable.

But the pass side is harder.  I installed my heater case (IP was out of the car completely) then tried to install the air vent.  I didnt see any way to install the air vent with the heater case there.  One of the fasteners is buried back in plus I could not get the vent past the heater case.  Had to take that back out before I put the air vent back in.  If you can get to that back fastener and you break the top of the gasket, you might be able to just loosen the air vent and install the gaskets.  

Today was a 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of day. I tried several times to get the r/s kick panel fresh air vent in with the dash & the heater box in place with no success. So out came the dash & the heater box & got both air vents installed & then reinstalled the heater box.

Yep,  sorry that was where I was.  The heater box really shadows the air vent hole.  No way to get that in.  Left side is not so bad.  But once you have the lower dash out it all becomes easy.