Sign in to follow this  
bigmal

Replacing Front RH Chasis Rail and Both Torque Boxes

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some tips/cautions replacing the RH front chasis rail and both torque boxes. I am starting a Right Hand Drive conversion this weekend and have some rust/damage issues to address at the same time.

I have not yet stripped the car so some of my concerns may be no issue once I can see exactly what I'm dealing with.

The info for the chasis rail change I have seen does not show how the rail attaches to the firewall area. It appears to be butt welded which doesn't seen right to me. Is there some form of doubler here?

Looking underneath the car I can't get a good picture of the torque box installation although it should make sense once the enhine and dash are out.

Look at several of the build threads in the project progress section of the forum, many of us have done torque boxs & it should give you an idea of how they go together. When you purchase them get the 2 piece ones, IMO they are easier to install.