69volunteer

wheel cylinder size

This is not for a mustang but thought I would post here to get some other responses. What would be the benefit (if any) or detriment of going from a 3/4" bore wheel cylinder to a smaller 5/8" bore? Forgetting about bias and assuming that the front and rear are on two SEPARATE circuits.

Any reason someone would have done this? 

I have a vintage racer and stock on the rear is 3/4". Went to replace a seal over the weekend and noticed that they are 5/8. There is not much 'stock' on this car but I have the original 3/4" with all new seals and would rather just replace instead of search for a rebuild kit.

I follow more effort on the pedal--smaller bore size, more restrictive. 

Not sure I follow the shortened range in the pedal.

Thank you though. This car is a momentum car so I try to use the brakes sparingly but they are all up front. I dont think I have ever locked up the rears.

I may order another 5/8 to have and then swap to the original 3/4. What I really dont want to deal with is troubleshooting two wheel cylinders which is why I may just swap out the one with the bad seal.

Why not order a seal/rebuild kit? I have one but the OD is correct for the piston but the ID is way too small. In the day of the internet, no telling what you will receive when ordering online.