stangnet33

Pic of original hood latch bracket

Looking for a little help if someone with an original hood latch bracket could give a picture of one as I can't seem to find a good pic of one. As you can see someone hacked/modified this one.  I'm hoping that I can save this one. Also curious how it is painted. Hard to see with this pic but the bracket appears to have had a black primer then had over spray of color on the bottom half and then hand painted black. The grille bracket that mounts on it has been totally covered in red oxide primer, then over spray of color on the lower half and then hand painted black.  

DSC_0763_1.jpg

Here is a pic of the hood latch support & center grille bracket from my 69 Coupe that was built in Metuchen, NJ.  Metuchen, NJ & SJ, Calif cars had them painted semi gloss black, & Dearborn, Mich cars had them painted slop gray. I have been using ConcoursMustang.com for painting info. Click on the link & scroll to the bottom for the info. http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

54110-100-1115.jpg

Thanks guys ! So it looks like the mounting point on the bottom for the front valance had been damaged and some one did a very poor repair (to me anyways ) So umm, could I bother for a close up pic of that tap area so I can correct mine properly and length of it (from the wide part to bottom of the valance tab). It almost looks like it was welded to the wide part of the bracket - ?  Thx muchly :)

It was difficult to photograph on the car but it looks like the bottom piece is about 1 inch from the wide section to the valence tab. The wide section appears to align with the bottom of the radiator support as well.  Maybe a better photographer can post up a better pic

post-1146-0-96756500-1485122367.jpg

Thanks Dave, I appreciate you taking the time ! Yes it does look like the main bracket exstends down and the L tab is tacked on. I can see how that part would probably twist right up if someone didn't spray lubracation on the valance mount bolt if it was a bit rusty

I went & looked at the piece off my 69 Coupe & it looks like it is all one piece with no evidence of any welding on the lower section. When the lower front valance got damaged this area was commonly damaged also. I can take a couple close up pics of mine after work if you need me to.