uncledoodoo

convertible boot snaps

My car is nearly 100% done, just finishing a few cosmetics, but the boot won't snap to the snaps on the interior panels.  The snaps have a phillips head screw which prevents the mail snap on the cover from mating.  Can someone point me to a snap replacement kit? 

I think you have the wrong screws. As I recall, the screw heads have to seat down in the socket far enough to allow the rivet portion of the head to clear the screw head. I think that Dot was the maker of the originals but they could have been made by Rau. Regardless, I think your problem is the incorrect screw.   Dave R.

I think you have the wrong screws. As I recall, the screw heads have to seat down in the socket far enough to allow the rivet portion of the head to clear the screw head. I think that Dot was the maker of the originals but they could have been made by Rau. Regardless, I think your problem is the incorrect screw.   Dave R.

I'll take one out and try to find one with a flat head, I think you're right.  Thanks.

Not really. A quick Google search turned up some '65-'68 snaps but no '69s. I would imagine they are almost identical. There seems to 2 styles, a rivet-style that is crimped on and one that uses a threaded shaft and a nut.

I remember buying some snaps for a pickup tonneau cover back in the '90 so I know they're available from upholstery and auto shops, too.