Sign in to follow this  
Convertible69

Vehicle Registry

I'm curious to see if anyone else has researched previous owners with success? I know my Mustang was produced @ the Metuchen, NJ plant. I believe it was then delivered to a Ford dealership in the Phila. Area.

I know there is a form that can be filled out & submitted to the DMV to research the Title history. Has anyone done this before? Is there any other way to find previous owners, without using the form?

I have never done this before but the posts I have read on the Corvette forum have not been successful. Particularly if you are going back a ways in time. Lack of storage of records being the most common.

I have heard of some small town dealerships being contacted and someone remembering the car but keep in mind these were high volume cars relative to the Corvette. Good luck.

My car is a Maryland car and when I got it I did try the search you mention.  Contacted Maryland and the 5 surrounding states via email and phone.  Most popular replies were ' right to privacy prevents ' and ' don't keep records going that far back '.  Got nowhere with the state DMV's also contacted Academy Ford, the dealership of record, and got ' nobody here is that old '.  I was transferred to the CFO and he explained that they didn't have or keep records from that long ago. So I stopped the search and don't have the energy to pick it up again.  Give it a try things may have eased up a bit ?  Brian