bryonbush

borgeson vs rebuilt box

blueblood  I put the cpp 400 series on my 69 and the fitment was very good. used the original column but used their Pittman arm and rag joint. I think the rag joint is basically an early chevy one. Can't comment on how it drives because I have not got my car complete yet but fitment was great. If I remember correctly the ratio on this unit is 13.8: 1 its pretty quick.

Dave

Thanks Dave, good to hear someone has fitted this kit.

Did the rag joint and pitman arm come with the kit?

Did you have to shorten your column?

Thanks Dave, good to hear someone has fitted this kit.

Did the rag joint and pitman arm come with the kit?

Did you have to shorten your column?

Hi  blueblood

Yes you can purchase the box with or without the arm and joint. I purchased all three pieces. 

The 69 being a collapsible column only required pushing the steering inner shaft back about 2" or so. 

Dave

Hi  blueblood

Yes you can purchase the box with or without the arm and joint. I purchased all three pieces. 

The 69 being a collapsible column only required pushing the steering inner shaft back about 2" or so. 

Dave

Great thanks.

I am looking at the kit which includes the pump and hoses also.

I put the Borgeson kit on my 1968 coupe and it works great.   My car was manual steering previously.   They supplied hoses, but in my opinion, could have been a little longer, so I could get more clearance from my headers.  I wrapped them with heat shield and that seems to work fine.

You do need to add a few degrees of Caster to your alignment.  They suggest 3 to 4 degrees.  With my front tire size, I got about an extra 2-1/2 degrees.  It makes a big difference in the way the car handles when you add the Caster.