Sign in to follow this  
det0326

wiper linkage

Does anyone know of any vendors that sells the bushing/bearing for the 1969  wiper motor/transmission arms or do you have to replace the whole mechanism?  Mine has the one bushing that is bad where it connects to the motor arm. 

Thanks  Dave

I bet it is a very standard bushing. See any good bearing shop or even Amazon and Emmy has bushings

If not the linkage is not that valuable, you should be able,to get a good used one with no trouble

Bob

Thanks Bob  

After some more research it appears that (not the arm) but the bushing is the same on the mustang to 1993 then changed somewhat in 1994. Still can't find anything new tho and the used ones on eBay don't look any better than mine. Guess its time to hit the bone yard. The complete arm assemble can be had for around $125 but I bet the repo is no where near the quality of the OEM. 

Dave

I had no luck locating a replacement bushing, so I machined some out of larger bushings from McMaster-Carr. The trick if trying to R&R the bushings is the small tabs which hold the bushing in the arm, is not breaking them.

post-5441-0-73465600-1457901964.jpg

post-5441-0-19430600-1457902140.jpg

I can look in a couple,of my cars. I'm thinking I must have a decent one.

Worst case I have a lathe and could always make or resize a bushing before you go paying $125 for something.

Which side did you need?

Bob

Thanks Bob that would be great .  I actually need the bushing where  the motor arm attaches to the linkage.  The motor arm has a 3/8" stud that slides in a bushing on the linkage.  If you have a decent one I will pay you for it and your time.  Thanks

Dave