Kaspar

The neutral safety and reverse switch on the old C4

I have installed the B&M Hammer shifter in my 69 Mustang.

It is equipped with an original C4 gearbox and had the original shifter before.

Getting the old shifter out and installing the Hammer shifter was fairly easy, but electricity isn't my strong side and I can't seem to find any information in the manual about the switches for reverse light and the neutral safety switch. 
I can't seem to find out how to identify (single out) the old wires and connect them to the hammer shifter?

Anybody have a diagram of the old wiring and could easily explain how to connect them to the Hammer Shifter?

Thanks.
K

I have installed the B&M Hammer shifter in my 69 Mustang.

It is equipped with an original C4 gearbox and had the original shifter before.

Getting the old shifter out and installing the Hammer shifter was fairly easy, but electricity isn't my strong side and I can't seem to find any information in the manual about the switches for reverse light and the neutral safety switch. 

I can't seem to find out how to identify (single out) the old wires and connect them to the hammer shifter?

Anybody have a diagram of the old wiring and could easily explain how to connect them to the Hammer Shifter?

Thanks.

K

For the C4 the neutral safety switch should be on the side of the trans. Use that one and forget the ones with the shifter

Bob

For the C4 the neutral safety switch should be on the side of the trans. Use that one and forget the ones with the shifter

Bob

The B&M shifter requires removal of the original switch to mount their shift lever.

I had an idea that I could just take the old wire from the C4 that eas connected to the old lever. Identify the wires and connect them to the Hammer shifter. I see the two switches, but am just unsure of how to connect.

Thanks.

Been years since I installed a B&M, don't the 2 switches have 2 blades terminals each? If so you'll have to cut the wires (I would cut them as they come out of the original switch so you can retain the original plugs on the cars harness) and add crimped terminals to mount to the shifters switches.

PS Once your determine which wires are for backup lights simply connect to the shifters backup switch, polarity doesn't matter, same for the neutral safety switch.