Sign in to follow this  
rodbrady

Black Wipers and Antenna

I'm looking for options for black wiper arms and a black antenna. I thought I saw on a forum at one time where black wiper arms from a newer car would fit on on 69, but I don't remember the specifics.

Also, I wish I had had the antenna hole filed in when I had the car painted, but didn't think about it then. Any ideas on a solution in black, that might be less conspicuous than the stock antenna?

The wipers are aluminum, the antenna is chromed steel, you could probably have them anodized or powder coated. I have no idea what that costs. Of course there is always paint or Plasti-dip. A good black epoxy primer might work; it would be more durable than paint or Plasti-dip and have a matte finish to boot. I would probably try the primer.

As for the antenna, I went with a power antenna. Got one off of ebay at a reasonable price. When it is down it gives a clean looking appearance. It mounts in the stock location in the front fenderwell. Only thing special I had to do was to remove the passenger door to mount it, which was no big deal.

As for the antenna, I went with a power antenna. Got one off of ebay at a reasonable price. When it is down it gives a clean looking appearance. It mounts in the stock location in the front fenderwell. Only thing special I had to do was to remove the passenger door to mount it, which was no big deal.

Do you have a link on e bay for the power antenna?

This is a power antenna mounted on the rectangle base. When the radio is off the antenna is all the way down flush with the rectangle base. When you turn your radio on, the antenna raises for good reception then retracts back into the base when the radio is shut off.