RobotMan

Power Steering Hose Support Bracket

I bought a Scott Drake power steering hose support bracket that mounts to the lower motor mount on the drivers side. Unlike the original which mounted with a bolt on the end face of the motor mount this one somehow mounts from the side. The hole in it is not large enough for the main LCA bolt to go thru. Additionally I dont think I would like the bracket mounted on the bolt and eccentric washer that controls part of my wheel alignment. It also has a small stamped out hook on edge for catching an edge or hole. Anyone know how this is intended to be mounted. Thanks

post-38321-0-85735100-1442754218.jpg

The parts manual calls out one like the first post but I suspect they made one like the Scott Drake part for ease of repop. However it does not fit anywhere without looking like it was an afterthought. My other Mach has the original bracket like the first one and has a small block. Guess I'll look for an original bracket and install properly.

Actually the Scott Drake one above is correct for a small block car.

When you say small block does that include 351W?  Because my 351W 69 Mach1 came with one like in your photo and not the Scott Drake version.  Why would the P/S hose bracket be bolted to the Camber adjustment bolt?

I wish I could answer tat more intelligently but I cant. The are identified as small block and big block type hose brackets. (CJPP also does the same). Could be that SD bracket is for the I6 and 302, not sure.

If you look, the Scott Drake does not bolt up using the camber adjustment bolt at all. It bolts to a hole located down and to the left of the camber adj. bolt.