Ridge Runner

Just made an offer on a1966 ford truck

I was a local tow yard this morning when i spotted a 66 Ford truck ,now it is a 1 ton but it has the most perfect sheet metal /cab forward i have seen .It is a flat bed and no head board but not a dent in the cab .It is still in its original Wimbledon white paint .It has a painted grill but it is perfect .

The headliner is out and i could not see any rust or dents and the inside of the roof is still painted white ,even the floors are white still . The motor is a 390 that knocks but that is alright .

I will need a 1/2 ton frame ,and short bed  , A stroker and a small case C6 ,that i just happen to have ,and it will make one sweet truck . The guy had to make a CHP tow so he is going to call when he gets back ,I WANT THIS TRUCK!!

The guy told me $1000. so i call him back and tell him i will take it .He informs me his buddy has told him it is worth more than that, but if i want to make him a new offer he will think about it ..........WTF is the matter with people??? AAAAHHHHH!!

Nice, real nice. I despise folks like that. Since you've already agreee to $1,000 and accepted his offer, any change in price is in his court. I wouldn't bump your price by any more than $100. It sounds like you are the only buyer in the mix. He needs to be reminded of this, and of the other work and parts needed to make it a driver. $1,000 sounds really fair.

I don't care for other's stories in another's thread, but...Back around 2000-01 I located a 69 Mach 1 for my brother, guy wanted $12k for it. It was under many years of dust and the seller said he would wash it before we got there to look at it. Don't, please don't wash it I told him, because I knew what would happen. We get there to inspect it and now he wants $14k for it. Crap, a $2,000 car wash. We took it to a local shop and put it on a lift to inspect it. Seeing how this was a 428 scj drag pack with all the original parts, it was well worth the $14k.

Ridge Runner, I'd show up with the ten hundred dollar bills and tell him that's what you think a fair price is. He can sell it to you, or to his buddy. But I'd also have some extra cash in my other pocket, just in case. Good luck.

I just gave up on it .It is probably the straightest 66 ,cab forward ,i have seen .But it is a 3/4 ton .I want it for the cab forward ,still well worth the $1000 that he wanted in the first place .But... you don't go back on a deal once it has been made . the guy will probably never sell it because most people want a 1/2 ton ,and a short bed at that .I will probably get a call in a few weeks from him wanting to sell it again ,and i will offer him the $1000 we had agreed on in the first place . I would still need to find a Short bed and a 1/2 ton frame ,but i don't mind building a really nice truck from pieces .

i just got rid of my 66f100 ,i miss it,  sold it to a big ford collector, and his last name just happend to be FORD.  he was telling me of his sad tale of his boss429 he had from new, got enough $$ to go and buy a minivan,  didnt want to trade it for 68GT500 kr.