Sign in to follow this  
danno

rear power windows now on fleabay

For anyone interested in rear power  windows, there are some pancake motors on fleabay at a reasonable price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Mercury-Cougar-Rear-Power-Window-Motors-Regulators-and-Wire-Harnesses-/131514168045?hash=item1e9edaf2ed&vxp=mtr

The price is $225, and that includes 2 motors and the factory wires. It looks like it does not include the switch or bezel.  But if you want rear power windows in a 69 or 70 hardtop or vert, this is the only way to go. I have no connection to the seller, just noticed they were there. The 69 or 70 Cougar Power windows bolt right in to a Mustang, I have them in mine. 

I see 52 views of this. If you want it, you are probably all bidding against each other.   There is probably one of you who noticed this before my post and now has everyone else bidding against you. Sorry about that.

I almost put power windows in my coupe back in the 80's.   Ran across an '69 XR7 in the junk yard back then and everything appeared to be there and un-molested.   I just did not have the time that day to disassemble and grab it all and never found the time to go back.   It would have been a fun project as I've always enjoyed automotive wiring (and have all the right tools).

Pretty sure it had a tilt-away wheel in it too and I would have had to grab all of that as well !!

Yes, I've kicked myself over the years for not going back.

Doug