Footcutter11

rear valance fit to quarter panel

You need to use this kind of specific fasteners:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-rear-valance-fastener-clip-1965-1973/p/CP774464/

The original tabs are not very good at getting a nice fit. The more you tighten the nuts, the more you pull on the tabs, and finally, you strip them, like this:

image_zpse6218a30.jpg

I found out that welding a threaded bolt in lieu of the tabs helps getting a perfect fit. You need to measure things right, though.

image_zpsd8d31587.jpg

image_zps242ea638.jpg

image_zps4j2h2aq5.jpg

G

Absolutely. If you have used repro panels, the area where the lower Qpanel welds to the lower trunk floor extensions usually needs to be trimmed to allow the valance to make proper contact with Qpanel. Make sure you don't cut your welds away.

Again, this needs to be measured and trimmed carefully, as it will play in your final fitting.

G

You will find the gaps will not be straight as well if you have repo panels ,i had to weld and grind the ends of the valance to get a good fit .They are usually short by as much as a 1/4 inch also.

Mine aren't too bad, but I was able to get the lengths right since I replaced the lower quarters.  Everything was so rusted out, it was hard to tell how things went back together.  If they come up short, I will do exactly what you did!  Thanks!