Sign in to follow this  
Footcutter11

Door Weatherstrip Channels for 69 fastback/sportroof

So I need some 69 fastback door weatherstrip channels, and I have a hard time paying $300+ for two pieces of bent metal (which are used) when I am doing a restomod anyway.  Does anyone have good pictures or measured drawings of these pieces?  Any pics are very helpful!  Crossection pics would be awesome next to a ruler!  In return I will post drawings and tips for making these since I cannot find re-pops.

Thanks in advance!

Are you referring to the weather strip retainers that go from "A" pillar and under the roof all way to quarter window area? If so I have mine off the car and can get pic's for you. Just let me know. 

Dave

Are you referring to the weather strip retainers that go from "A" pillar and under the roof all way to quarter window area? If so I have mine off the car and can get pic's for you. Just let me know. 

Dave

Yes please.  If you could lay a tape measure in the pics, and get a good one of the crossection, that would be totally awesome!  You would be a lifesaver.

Sterling

My camera is not that great on up close pic's but I measured the in side and outside with calipers and the inside dimension is 1.010 and out side is 1.063.  Also looking at the cross sectional view where the lip is rolled over the longest dimension is .225 and the shortest is .160                 Hope this helps if there is any other measurement you need just let me know

Dave

post-16490-0-16320600-1429563659.jpg

post-16490-0-11287100-1429563680.jpg

post-16490-0-87813700-1429563712.jpg

post-16490-0-09435000-1429563743.jpg

post-16490-0-45676800-1429563760.jpg

My camera is not that great on up close pic's but I measured the in side and outside with calipers and the inside dimension is 1.010 and out side is 1.063.  Also looking at the cross sectional view where the lip is rolled over the longest dimension is .225 and the shortest is .160                 Hope this helps if there is any other measurement you need just let me know

Dave

Dave,

Rock and roll!  Thanks a ton, these are perfect.  I will post some pics as soon as I make one.

Sterling

I think it might be easier to get the one from a coupe and convert it. You might need to have a third one from a coupe so you can cut the curved portion of the qtr window off and just add a piece to replace it

Bob

I think it might be easier to get the one from a coupe and convert it. You might need to have a third one from a coupe so you can cut the curved portion of the qtr window off and just add a piece to replace it

Bob

Bob, I did just that. I was going over to find some channel that looked like the pictures Dave took for me. My Father in law went to the local junk yard thinking they would have been picked clean.  Wrong!  Found a pair from a coupe for $50. Funny thing was, the old man did not think he had any gen 1 Mustangs, but luckily his son walked by and said, "of course we do!"

Dave, thanks again for the pics!

Bob, I did just that. I was going over to find some channel that looked like the pictures Dave took for me. My Father in law went to the local junk yard thinking they would have been picked clean.  Wrong!  Found a pair from a coupe for $50. Funny thing was, the old man did not think he had any gen 1 Mustangs, but luckily his son walked by and said, "of course we do!"

Dave, thanks again for the pics!

Your welcome , not a problem. I was going to do the coupe retainers conversion myself. I luckily found a set for the mach1. I actually ordered a set from Fast Freddy in Fla.  that he said was for a fastback but of course when I got them they were for a coupe. They will fit every where except around the 1/4 window but it wouldn't be hard to modify tho.  If I can be of anymore help let me know.

Dave 

Your welcome , not a problem. I was going to do the coupe retainers conversion myself. I luckily found a set for the mach1. I actually ordered a set from Fast Freddy in Fla.  that he said was for a fastback but of course when I got them they were for a coupe. They will fit every where except around the 1/4 window but it wouldn't be hard to modify tho.  If I can be of anymore help let me know.

Dave 

Thank you sir!