mustangmike6996

pesky headlamp switch....

So I swapped out the stock old crusty harness with a new AAW harness.  I pulled all of the dash accessories off and painted the dash.  I reinstalled everything but cannot get the headlamp switch rod to lock back into the detent in the housing so I cannot use my headlamps or function check the system.  Any advice before I start digging deeper into the switch?

I just had mine out..  It has a little spring loaded button on the headlight switch behind the dash.  I think it is on the "inboard" side, you have to hold that button in to get the headlight plunger to go in.  Even when I was holding it, it is hard to get in there.  I had to push pretty hard and jiggle it while holding the button.

I just had mine out..  It has a little spring loaded button on the headlight switch behind the dash.  I think it is on the "inboard" side, you have to hold that button in to get the headlight plunger to go in.  Even when I was holding it, it is hard to get in there.  I had to push pretty hard and jiggle it while holding the button.

I will try that.  Im pretty sure I did that but I didnt want to force it too much. 

I had the same problem. Do what Jay suggested. Worked for me.