Sign in to follow this  
scode

Need help identifying power steering hose

I am seeking to identify and replace a power steering hose from a 1970 convertible with a 302/auto.

I ordered a hose kit and they sent me two hoses and none of those match what came off of the car. The closest I can find is from a 67-68 390 car.

Does anyone know what this hose is from? Photos below:

post-38927-0-45105600-1426805848.jpg

post-38927-0-64387200-1426805887.jpg

post-38927-0-52672600-1426805918.jpg

The thing is that might not be a part.  Looks like mine - massaged by the PO.  When my original PS hose was leaking I looked everywhere for it's replacement.  Finally cleaned up the ends and took it to a guy the does hydraulic hoses and had him replace the hose and crimps.  Worked fine until I replaced the PS setup.  Then I made hoses that fit.  Will have to go through the same process again when I replace my PS and insert the Hydroboost brake system.

So if you are looking to keep the look I'd just replace the hose.  That is unless the ends are dorked up.

Send the pictures to Dan at chockostang@msn.com he will be able to answer any and all questions for you!

Steve

Right, my car is a '70.

Does anyone have photos of a completely stock '70 302 setup and how the two hoses connect?

I think mine might be custom made, but I do have a new 2 piece hose set and have no idea how they connect because the two hoses do not fit together without some sort of mounting point converter which I would think fits somewhere near the hose support bracket under the car? And I do not see any such part anywhere for sale.