Sign in to follow this  
machm1970

Heater hose routing with A/C

Could someone post a pic of how the heater hoses are supposed to be routed on a small block with A/C? I know the "S" shaped molded hose goes to the heater core nipple that's closest to the driver's side  then to the water valve, then I think to the intake fitting? Also, in my new kit I have a heater hose that has a 90 degree bend in it, does that go to the other fitting on the heater core?  

Thanks,

Matt

Could someone post a pic of how the heater hoses are supposed to be routed on a small block with A/C? I know the "S" shaped molded hose goes to the heater core nipple that's closest to the driver's side  then to the water valve, then I think to the intake fitting? Also, in my new kit I have a heater hose that has a 90 degree bend in it, does that go to the other fitting on the heater core?  

Thanks,

Matt

What you describe is how I have mine set up.  S shaped hose goes from heater close closest to driver side to water valve, then intake.  The other molded hose goes on that other fitting as you describe.  It really seemed like the only way it would fit very well anyway.  I tried to get it somewhat original.  Here is a picture of mine (ignore the tiewraps, that was just temporary to hold it in place until I get something more original to hold them). 

IMG_1193_zpsyzy82anq.jpg

On mine the coil is on the intake which requires the intake fitting to point straight towards the passenger side, that's why I was confused about where the 90 degree bend goes.

Thanks,

Matt  

I remember looking it up before I put it on, and now I'm pretty sure I have coil mounted in the correct place for a 351w w/ air -- behind the dipstick tube.

-Mike