RPM

Year One 6 gauge Instrument Bezel

Has anyone installed one on a 69/70? I bought one on sale over a year ago and while mocking it up, she no fit so good. It appears the vertical curved ends need to be clearanced to fit the curve of the stock lower dash.

Also, only the two outer mount holes come anywhere close to lining up. The center two are way off. The other day I was looking through Year One online and saw the bezel was discontinued, hmm. As I write this I may have come to conclusion I need to ditch this fine piece and mount some after market gauges to the stock instrument panel.

Any help is appreciated and post pics if needed.

I used the Year One Bezel and the fit was OK, not great.  I got the best fit by not using the two tab screws on either side and just using the top ones into the dash pad and the bottom ones. I did have to use a bit longer screws in the bottom two.

I am going to have to try and figure out how to post a pic on here.

Thanks Chilly, was about to axe where you got the high beam indicator till I read your last post. I also got the Ultra Lite gauges. I think they look spectacular. Which speedo did you get, electric, gps or mechanical?

Late to the party, but figured out how to do pics. 

Here's mine with Classic Instruments gauges.  They have LED turn signals and high beam indicator built into the halo lighting on the gauges.  I too went with electric, but I may go GPS when I put the car back together, if I ever get it back from paint jail.

post-14258-0-45134600-1425518831.jpg

post-14258-0-05737400-1425518940.jpg

RPM, are those two rounded corners the only place you had to clearance? 

Since I have everything pulled back apart, I will check that area when I put mine back together.

Chillin, is that Acapulco Blue?  That's what's getting sprayed on mine. 

Thanks Chillin.

Fordguy69, very nice looking gauges. Which model from Classic Instruments are the gauges?

Yes, the curved area had too much material to sit flush with the metal lower dash. The two outer mounting tabs were about 5/8" from sitting flush. Should've taken a before pic. However, the two center mounting holes on either side of the steering column are not 90° to the clips on the lower dash. I should be able to attach a couple of 2" screws for support. They shouldn't be too visible down there.

Which model from Classic Instruments are the gauges?

It's their All American series. 

http://shop.classicinstruments.com/all-american-series

I had them delete their little winged logo and put on different needles. 

And they put the high beam with blue leds and the turn signals with green leds in the speedo.  And the gauge lighting is white led halo lighting.  They really look great at night.

http://shop.classicinstruments.com/ledhth

They were really great to work with and will customize gauges anyway you want.