RPM

Front Valance Install

Seems like it should be pretty simple. However, since I removed mine back in 1999 before digital camera popularity, and my mind is shot, I can't recall how it mounts.

I searched high and low finding only that the tabs at the front left and right frame rails are not involved. I have figured out the two far right and left holes bolt to the fender, and know where the headlight door tabs mount to the valance.

Can anyone direct me to a build thread, you tube, or some other link please. Even just pics would work, I like looking at pics more than reading. I'm sure when I get it installed I'll say DOH!

Thanks in advance.

Bob,

You are correct the 2 top holes on either side of the valance bolt to the fender bottoms. The single hole on each side by the bumper support cut out in the valance bolts to the head light buckets. The top center bolt hole in the valance bolts to the grille center support. The single lower rear bolt holes in the valance bolt to brackets that bolt up to the bumper brackets. http://www.cjponyparts.com/valance-fender-bracket-flat-bracket-to-frame-1969-1970/p/V3FB/  The other 3 lower valance bolts are where the front spoiler bolts to. I hope that helps you out.

Mike.

1.  Four total fasteners to the fenders (2 on left, 2 on right)

2.  Two total fasteners connect to brackets that connect to the bumper brackets (1 on left, 1 on right)

3.  Two total fasteners connect to two small brackets that attach to the bumpers (1 on left, 1 on right).

4.  One fastener connects to the grille support bracket at the middle, top

5.  One fastener connects to the hood latch support bracket at the middle, bottom

6.  Two total fasteners connect to the fender extensions (1 on left, 1 on right)

Thanks guys! Guess I should've looked at my front bumper up in the attic first. Completely forgot about those two brackets. The lower center mount on the latch support was bent and cracked. Tapped it back into position and welded it up.

Thanks again for the quick replies.