Sign in to follow this  
Wycked69

Deluxe Door Panel Speaker Location

Continuing on with my Brother's 69 Mach I restoration, his car has a deluxe interior. He purchased new TMI door panels. He also purchased 69 -70 door speaker grills as he intends to install speakers in the doors. His questions are as follows;

1- Can any of you post some pics of the location as to where you have installed the 69 -70 door speaker/grill on a deluxe door panel?? We've not been able to find any photos of such on the web.

2-Who makes a name brand quality speaker that will work with the 69-70 speaker grill besides the ones offered by NPD?? Not that he thinks the quality they (NPD) sell's is not good, he wants better if they are out there and are known to fit and work PROPERLY with the grill.

As always, thanks for your responses and information on this subject

The O.E. panels had perferations in the masonite board.   If factory or dealer added speakers, you just cut following the perf's.

I put repros in my car back in 2005 and can't remember if the masonite was pre-perferated or not.   If not, I just transfered the dim's off of my original panels which I could also do for you IF I was at home.

I'll be back home on Thursday and could check for you then ... if someone else does not help you out before.

Doug