Wycked69

Best Place for Repo Bumper (Rear)

I'm currently helping my brother with the restore and slight modification of his 69 Mach I. We are 3 + years into this extensive restoration and expect to be finished up by Aug / Sept. this year (maybe) Today we were fitting the rear bumper to make sure it aligns properly and discovered his new "repo" bumper has the chrome flaking off at one end near the quarter extension. He bought this at CJ's and he is convinced they only sell cheapo bumpers. He cant return it as he bought about a year ago so he's going to buy another. He is asking me who makes the best quality repo bumper (rear) and who might be some of the typical resellers. Your experienced and expert advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. He's not interested in having an original bumper reworked and re-chromed.

I am still running the original bumpers even though the chrome is not the best.  NPD advertises they sell the best repro bumpers.  But as with most other repro parts, there are probably only one or two mfg.'s making repro bumpers so there is a good chance you will get the same bumper wherever you go.  If it fits good, has he considered rechroming it.  I read where he doesn't want an original rechromed but didn't know about this new repro bumper.

At one point I was going to buy repro bumpers from a local Mustang parts and restoration shop.  They told me keep my originals.