Dave R.

Another turn signal indicator problem

OK. Everything in the gauge pod works EXCEPT the left turn signal indicator. It doesn't work at all. The turn signals flash correctly. The right indicator blinks correctly. The left bulb holder and bulb were swapped into another socket. The bulb works in the other socket. The printed circuit is new. '69 Mach 1 with tach. Thanks in advance.   Dave R.

I had the same issue recently. I found out that if I screwed the socket in too far (too tight), then the little tabs were non longer in contact with the copper track on the PCB. If you have voltage at the PCB when turning indicator is on (measure with voltmeter) then it might simply be a matter of slightly unscrewing the socket til the bulb flashes again.

That's how I fixed mine, anyways. Hope it helps!

G

Thank you Guillaume69. We will try loosening the bulb holder just a bit with the left signal operating and see if there is a "sweet spot". I'll let you know. Might be a day or two.   Dave R.

Don't you just hate those flexible circuit cards?  I know I do.  I'm working on a feasibility project to convert 69-73 dash clusters to being hard-wired with a different connector type than the stock one, as those curved contacts are another source of problems.  If everything works out, everything should work with your existing cluster without a circuit card and only the underdash harness' dash cluster connector needs to be changed.  I'm shooting for a price point comparable to the cost of a circuit card.  Stay tuned...I'll know a lot more in about 1-2 weeks.