Sign in to follow this  
metalgraver

IFS suspensions

I have had stock suspension (new) , a tcp front end with coil overs and shelby drop , and now a rod and customs front end. And honestly I can't tell any difference in driving with the tcp stuff or the r and c. The tcp stuff installed great with no problems, and the r & c is very easy to install as well, I would say a 4/10 for ease of installation. Good luck with your decision op.

Metal, the MTF kit and the R & C stuff removes your spring towers, so you have more room in the engine bay, which many drag racers want. But it does not help handling or ride quality. The M2/Pinto front end setups were created to be cheap to build, not to have smoother ride  or improve handling and only 'update' the suspension by a couple of years. It is most definitely NOT an upgrade. If you are not building a drag only car, you have other choices. Your mustang already HAS IFS, don't be mislead by advertising.  LSG