dennyb68

Would you run this FAN??

I'm planning on running a clutch fan, however, when I was test fitting the setup, looks like I need a 1/2" spacer to clear the crank pulley. Any reason I couldn't run a short spacer between the water pump and clutch?

You can tun a spacer without issues. I am thinking about going with an electric fan when I get around to working on my car again too. Mostly because I do not have a shroud for the flex fan anyways.

I'm going to get rid of my electric fan and run a blade does anyone see any problems or have any horror stories with this style fan?

I had one of these fans on my 78 Ford pick up with a fairly built 428.Coming up an on ramp i revved it up a bit and heard a loud bang ,drove another 25 miles home and it died in the drive way .The blade had split right down the rivets and sliced my inner apron ,cut the alternator wires and put a pretty good dent in the hood with a slice in the middle of that .I didn't even notice the dent in the hood until i opened the hood .

This is probably the best fan you could run ,i switched to one like it and never had a problem with it .I have one on my 351 now .The ford fan is very close to this one and just as good if not better .

This fan has been on my car for at least 5 years. Pretty sure it is a Hayden flex fan at about $45. This one is a little over 18" and does what it is supposed to do with no complaints. Brian