69R-CODE

Quarter Glass Installation Steps

I am trying to put my quarter glass (fastback) back into the car and am having one heck of a time. Can anyone walk me through the steps or point me to an "how-to" article.

I am not sure if you need to put the lower bracket on the car and then try and put the glass in or If you need to loosen the upper pivot rod or perhaps I am doing it wrong all together?

Help Please.

I have not put mine in permanently yet but I did do a trial fitment before paint. I finally got it to fit pretty good but it was definitely a pain.

I used an after market seal and glass and blamed some of the problems on that. If I recall correctly (been a long time) I put the top bracket

in first then bolted the bottom bracket. The bottom bracket is what I had the most trouble with, I had to open the holes up a little on the car body for more adjustment. Again I don't know if this is because I was using repo stuff or not. You probably already know that you need the door glass in and adjusted correctly before final adjustment to the 1/4 glass. I haven't found any how to articles but maybe someone will chime in with that information hopefully.

I have found an article about installing the weather strip that goes around the 1/4 window and around the door but nothing on the 1/4 glass itself.

If I remember right my window and brackets were together and did not take them off except for the top one where the 1 piece that goes up into the channel under the roof.

Dave

Thanks for the info.

I have tried it several ways and cant seem to make it all work. Its probably just being in a rush and not thinking. I just wish there was a step by step out there somewhere.

what is the specific problem you having ?  Alignment ?

Try searching the Mustang Monthly website, I am sure they have covered this. Also try an online search, I just plugged one into Bing for "'69 mustang how to install quarter glass" and saw at least 4 you tube videos pop up and numerous articles from Mustang sites.