Sign in to follow this  
69poontang

My headlight Issue

try swapping your headlight plug on the left high/low(in the fender extension) with the left high only(in the grill) and retest.

Also to clarify your CURRENT situation:

Headlight switch on, low beam setting : Both low beams on low (remember the outboard bulbs are high/lows, make sure one light isnt on HIGH and the other LOW)

Dimmer switched to highs - left high beam out, right high beam is on **Are the two outboard HIGH beams also on? Is the LEFT OUTBOARD on but on LOW beam?

so the 2 right lights, and the far left light are working correctly, but the left high been is on when it should be off, and off when it should be on.

Im not sure.. I don't have a wiring diagram handy. But I think you will need to start tracing the wires.

I was assuming the left outbard light was behaving opposite as well which is Why I suggested to swap the plugs. The outboard high/lows are 3 prongs, the inboard highs are 2. And if I remember correctly, they will technically fit of they are swapped, in which case, your left HIGH beam would come on when low beam is switched, and turn off when high beam is switched. The left outboard would produce a high beam on low, and low beam on high if this were the case.

Yeah, running halogens on the stock headlight switch is known to be an issue. Most people convert over to relays triggered by the low and high beam signals coming from the headlight switch. You'll need two relays: one for the low and one for the high beams.

If its a concern with the amount of current, try plugging in only one headlight at a time and test all 4. If all 4 behave correctly while only 1 plugged in at a time, then it is a current issue.

If the same problem exists, its a switching/electrical issue

OR better yeat, you can unplug ALL head lights, and check for voltage at each plug on the correct pins. Make sure you have voltage whe you should, and don't have any when you shouldnt.