Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Next thing to do to the project?

I am nearing finishing up the r/s front torque box & toe board, then all that is left to do of the sheet metal work is the l/s front torque box & l/s long floor. If the weather stays somewhat mild this winter I should be able to have the sheet metal work completed by the Springtime. What should I tackle next, wiring, suspension, brakes, all new brake & fuel lines, clean all the old under coating off the bottom of the car?. I am thinking I should clean the under side of the car next & get the old under coating off. Any suggestions?.

I never clean the undercoating off unless there is rust underneath. Just clean up around your patches, epoxy and apply more undercoating right over the old. I'd work on the wiring or the brakes if they don't work. Get the car running so you can take a drive in the spring :-)

david

I'm at a similar point to you in my project. I'm cleaning up the underside at the moment, stripping it to bare metal and applying KBS rust seal to the entire underside then body deadener. Just my opinion but while it's stripped redo all the underside then its good for another 45 years. I found some surface rust under old body deadener and seam sealer where it wasn't done properly at the factory. After that will be suspension/brakes then wiring.