Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Brake light switch

Okay my brake lights work but i have to mash the pedal a ways down to actually make the switch work, and by the time I hit that spot I am fully stopped.

I have the correct switch for power disc brakes and the brakes work wonderfully but im 1/2 way through my pedal travel before the lights come on.

I looked at the switch and there is no adjustment.

The only thing I can see to do would be to insert a piece of metal to make it so there is less travel in the switch so it engages sooner or to perhaps bend the metal plate at more of a bow to make it engage sooner.

Just putting it out there: Between the booster and the Brake Master Cylinder is a push rod. The end of that push rod has some adjustment. Normal operation has it set at just barely making contact before you step on the brakes. You may need to take a look at that before you start customizing stuff. I could only find one picture of it and it was on my car prior to the booster replacement. Brian