Sign in to follow this  
kennygunit

Let's See Those Instrument Clusters!

I will get back to you guys with pictures, I promise. Been a little buisy. I'll post more later tonight or tomorrow. The new vintage 69 series was a bit of a challenge in some ways but the end result, I feel was well worth it. Yes they are back lit completely with maintenance free LED's. Each red needle is also lit. Easy to program speedometer that came with the electronic 3 wire sender, but I just used the two wire that came with my TKO 600 from Modern Driveline and it works great! I would not suggest the install to a beginner but to most of you guys, I don't think you would have any trouble. Also, is made in Michigan, USA and their awesome with assisting you with any tech support. I thought my volt meter was bad, I called them and they said sent it up to them and they would re check it and re calibrate it for free. They did, nothing wrong with it. They sent it back with a note telling me to call once I re installed it. I re installed it and got the same thing as before. I called the owner, who went over the wiring trouble shooting with me, and sure enough, I had wired it wrong. I corrected my stupid mistake and all was good. I'll get back with more that I learned, the install and hopefully detailed pics if I can figure out how to post them.

Here is my stock setup upgraded to LEDs. Looks kinda shiny but I used a matte clear so it is ok in sunlight. Ground off the stock wood sticker, sanded smooth, then gave it a brushed look with a green scotchbrite before clear coating. No tach but I think it looks cool.