Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Eastwood brake tubing flaring tool review

I purchased stainless brake lines for my car and needed to modify a few fittings for my setup. After looking online there are very few flaring tools that flare stainless at all much less put a double flare in it. I finally broke down and purchased the eastwood brake tubing flaring tool item # 25304. This tool is listed on their site as being able to flare stainless steel, steel, and soft metal tubing. I received it today and it most definitely WILL put a double flare in stainless tubing. I made my own 3/8 stainless fuel lines and have some left over tubing so I used a piece of it to see how well it works before I attempted to flare any of my lines. It put a nice double flare in the tubing and was actually pretty easy considering the hardness of stainless steel. Eastwood also has a video on their site that shows step by step how to use it. If you have thought about buying this tool but have been putting it off, I would highly recommend buying it. Yes it is expensive but it works great and as advertised. You could resell it and recoup your money as I have seen used ones go for just as much and more than new ones online. I plan on keeping mine for later projects but its a thought. If you buy it from eastwoods ebay store it is on sale right now for $199.99. Thats where I got mine.

http://www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html?fee=5&fep=2834&utm_content=25304&utm_campaign=Shoppingcom01&utm_source=Shoppingcom&utm_medium=Merchant-Centre&SRCCODE=1SE1531

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastwood-Pro-Double-Single-Brake-Line-Tubing-Flaring-Tool-Kit-/231306068166?hash=item35daea80c6&item=231306068166&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Edited by Kris