Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Today sucked!

So im at work today, just pushed the 67 gt 500 in the paint booth for some high build primer.

So I pour the primer into a quart cup and get out the MEKP hardener.

Well I start squeezing the hardener out of the little drip bottle and the bottom of it explodes and the whole bottle goes into my face, eyes, arms.

My main concern was my eyes cuz this is NASTYYYYY stuff, I barely make it to the sink and start flushing, lol.

So yeah I spent 6 hours at hospital having my eyes flushed for 3 hours almost and left with burn marks on my arms and all over my scalp.

I did go back to work though and got her primed :punk:

Glad your OK, sounds like a Mfg. defect??????

Something similar happened to me. I was spraying some wood rot preventative on the deck and at the same time a gust of wind came by and it went into my eyes. Of course if you read the can, "always wear eye protection". Well, it also said, if it gets into your eyes it can cause blindness. It scared the crap out of me, my eyes were burning and it was a 1/2 ride into to the eye doctor (I have a cabin in deep woods).

Any case, I'm ok and I glad you are too. For what it's worth, I always wear safety glasses, no matter what NOW.