Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

What are you using for a TV Cable Bracket

I'm almost to the finish line with the engine and trans installation.

I have the Lokar Ford AOD TV Cable, it did not come with a mounting bracket.

I tried incorporating it with the Jegs Holley Carb bracket that I have and there is no provision on it for the TV Cable.

I have a Quick Fuel 735 cfm and I need to locate a bracket or something for the TV Cable.

What are you using?

What should I do?

Yes they do. Part number is DP-1000 HT $77.97.

I'd have to wait another week for the part to come in and every time I turn around it's another $100. I wanted to try to get the car running this weekend.

On my set up, I don't really need to be worried about the TV pressure, I have a constant pressure valve body. All that the TV cable will do is for kick down.

I spoke to Lokar this morning and told them about my temp bracket that I'm using, which they said will be ok for my set up.

I was going to recommend using their accelerator cable as it has a place for the TV cable. they look good together as a tandem set. Be sure to pull your TV cable thru by hand and see if you have the same binding that myself and others have reported. It needs to be smooth all the way to WOT.

Edited by miketyler

Here's my temporary fix, which as we know might be the the final set up depending on how things go.

I used one of those universal carb spring brackets. It's pretty stout and does not flex. the guy at Lokar said that would be fine.

I agree Mike, the Lokar set has a nice touch. I've seen it on a picture of yours and it looks nice, like it was made for it. I'll probably get one after I sort the bugs out.

DSC02061_zpsd88ae5d5.jpg

Wow - that really looks good to me. I saw no way to make mine work with the stock throttle cable. If that works I would roll with it.

I know you said you have a CPVB but pressures still need to be set via the cable or does that change everything? Mine had a helluva kick going into drive or reverse until I put a return spring on the TV arm and brought pressure down to 0-5psi at idle