Sign in to follow this  
Tgriffin91

Removing trim underneath door

I searched the site but couldn't find anything on how to remove the lower trim that runs from wheel to wheel on my 69 mustang coupe. The middle section popped off but there is something different at each end holding it on. I do not want to break/bend this since it is in decent condition.

Any help would be appreciated.

From what I could see trying to pull it away it almost looked like the same style clips used for some of the front trim that slides in the grooves but I could not get a good look. Where would I find the screw to unscrew them? They are not on the outside of the trim, or in the inside of the fender/quarter.

There is a chrome screw you remove from the outside on the rear of the trim. The front has a special clip with a nut that is removed from inside the fender well. 5/16" I think. you may need to remove the splash shield to get to it.:thumbup:

Thanks got it off. Anyone have any special tricks from cleaning the trim? I was just going to take it to work and use the buffing wheel. It's only pitted a little on the back end so I'll maybe get it redone when it gets worse or when it is noticeable.