Sign in to follow this  
CarZombie

Carb Guy or Gal in Brunswick GA area

I am looking for a good carb person in the Brunswick, Ga area. I thought I had a guy, but he no longer works on carbs. I willing to travel with-in a 90 minute area of Brunswick, which would take me as far north as Savannah Ga and as far south as St. Augustine, Florida. I would like a local person to do the rebuild who could then tune the carb to the engine and make sure all problems are taken care of.

The carb is an 4300 Autolite which is on a 351C engine, with 4 barrel heads, stock cam and intake, bored .30 over (rebuild), with headers. This carb was rebuilt in late 2008 by Pony Carbs. Based on my last conversation with the former owner of Pony Carbs, who is now dead, I believe they changed some of the internals of the carb. If I cannot find anyone local, I will send the carb to KP Carbs. The owner of KP Carbs worked for Pony Carbs when they were in NY. I have spoken to him and he said he could rebuild it.

Sorry I can't help but I'm an old Brunswick boy myself. Grew up there until I went into the Air Force back in the 70's. Retired now but get back occasionally to visit my Dad over on Blythe Island. Went to the Brunswick Stew Fest car show a few years ago but hadn't seen any in a while. Post up when you guys have some. Thanks, and good luck with the carb.:smile: