Sign in to follow this  
shaun071

Patriot Clippster Headers

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pte-h8433/overview/year/1969/make/ford/model/mustang

Hi all, Is anyone using Patriot Clippster headers? Can anyone advise on quality or any fitment and clearance issues? I have a 69 coupe with a 302, C4 and ram type power steering in the coupe at the moment but will be upgrading to a 5.0 and AOD in the future, so I'm stuck with shorty or mid length headers. Exhaust system is cast headers, 2.5 inch dual system with flow master mufflers.

Cheers Shaun

Shaun I bought a set of headers from FPA( ford power train applications) for my Cleveland, not cheap but worth the money. They have website and they ask plenty of questions about your car and what your running.

I've heard good things about FPA and will look them up

Do you weld?

Of so,you can use the tri-y headers and make a modification to the driver side that will clear the power steering

Bob

Thanks Bob, I do weld but am more concerned with clearance issues with the AOD when it is fitted in the future. I did an AOD to cleveland in an 81 Aussie Falcon and had to go back to cast headers to clear the gearbox. nothing with long tubes would fit- try-y's or 4 into 1's. That was the main reason for looking at shorties or mids.