Sign in to follow this  
STL. Mark

Drip Rail Molding Joint Cover on Mustang fastback

How do you remove the drip rail molding joint cover on the fastback? I have my old chrome "boomerang" molding un-done from underneath but I can't seem to locate where to undo the molding joint cover. Do I have to remove the quarter window? Thanks!

How do you remove the drip rail molding joint cover on the fastback? I have my old chrome "boomerang" molding un-done from underneath but I can't seem to locate where to undo the molding joint cover. Do I have to remove the quarter window? Thanks!

I don't remember anything holding it other than the snug slip fit on the drip rail and boomerang. And I don't think the 1/4 window has to come out. It may just still have some sealant/adhesive that has it stuck. I only remember mine just sliding together.

there is one screw that holds it on. it can be partially buried under that stainless molding retainer along with the black adhesive.

Thanks BuckeyeDemon, I just couldn't remember anything there but at least I know now and when I put it back I can look for a screw hole.

Dave