Sign in to follow this  
mark69sportsroof

Clutch cable hole in firewall

I have a 69 Sportsroof. I am converting it from a 351W with FMX to a 390 with a T-5. I am going with Modern Drive Line cable set up for the clutch. I am trying to determine where the clutch cable will goes through the firewall. I reviewed the holes in firewall diagram by "Buening" on a another post but it didn't show it. Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

the way i did it was to install the bracket in between the firewall and mater cylinder, make a mar with a marker, then drill.

That's how I did mine also. The hole lands right on an angled area of the firewall which makes it a little tougher to drill. I used a stepped drill bit.

A FE 390 stroked out to a 445 ci with a World Class T-5 is touchy. Fortunately I am a cruiser and show car. I know that if I get on it to many times the T5 will go down. Lessons learned on doing a total restoration and changing the drive train. The rear end I had beef and installed 3:50 gears.

Rule 1 - purchase the car of your dreams

Rule 2 - When upgrading to a big block and stroking it and adding manual transmission, check with your engine builder prior to buying the tranny. Rookie mistake.

Thanks Mark

It will be interesting to see how the T5 performs and survives, over time. If you are able to drive it , say, 1500 miles and it is still alive then it will probably last the distance, unless, as you say, you get on it hard......

I wish you the best of luck, and enjoy your car, it sounds like a very nice machine.