Sign in to follow this  
J's69Mach1

What fuel pump are u running ?

On friday while enjoying driving the stang around ,my Edelbrock part #1725 mech fuel pump (rated 110 gph) let me down!! It was about 5 years old and driven occasionally. .fuel tank is super clean and so was fuel filter. I purchased a oreilly $21.99 (Precision Brand) factory type replacement to get me home. Question is what type of fuel pumps are u running ? Any suggestions? I have a 351w around 450hp at motor. Should i give Holley fuel pump a try and what Gallons per hour fuel pump should i get? Or is factory type replacement ok. Thanks

if you look internally at any equivalent holley, edelbrock, carter in the 80 to 170 gph size (excluding the HP, billets), you will see they are all the same. the only difference being what spring is used on the main diagrahm (sets the max pressure) and the inlet/outlet port size.

the billet pumps in general are the same, except they will have 5 or 6 valves instead of three.

what failed in the fuel pump?