Sign in to follow this  
binkster

need a measurement

I'm lost, as most already know. Which vent hole are you talking about? The hole in the cowl top(1-3/4" to fw), or the side vertical panel (2-1/2" to fw)? Both measurements are from forward verticle edge of hole to the edge of firewall that is welded to the cowl. Welcome to the site. Tell us about your 69 and where you call home.

Bob

i hope i am posting this right.the measurements are taken horizontally at the top of the side vents from back of firewall back to the edge of the panel at the a post.should be around 17 to 17.5.the measurements probably wont be the same.i could just line the firewall up with the outer side cowl panels but i would like to be sure before i tac it in.i am from seneca pennsylvania.i work for a ford dealer.i will try and post some pictures when i figure out how.i have owned it since 1975.its a mach 1 and came with a 351 windsor auto.silver jade with white interior and black dash and carpet.it has sat since 1993.reasons are the usual no garage,money,junior arrived.but i am back at it with progress but slow.thanks for replying and i will try to get some pictures on.

i hope i am posting this right.the measurements are taken horizontally at the top of the side vents from back of firewall back to the edge of the panel at the a post.should be around 17 to 17.5.the measurements probably wont be the same.i could just line the firewall up with the outer side cowl panels but i would like to be sure before i tac it in.i am from seneca pennsylvania.i work for a ford dealer.i will try and post some pictures when i figure out how.i have owned it since 1975.its a mach 1 and came with a 351 windsor auto.silver jade with white interior and black dash and carpet.it has sat since 1993.reasons are the usual no garage,money,junior arrived.but i am back at it with progress but slow.thanks for replying and i will try to get some pictures on.

If I understand what your saying and I think I do on drivers side I have 17-7/16 and on the passenger side it is 17- 3/8 Ihave changed the firewall in mine but I did it with the cowl still in so it should have basically went back in the original place.

I replaced the complete cowl panel and outer side cowl panels.i had to do some repairs on the side vent panels so at the time I removed them,repaired,and welded them back on.i was looking at cjpp web site around December and I see they are available now.oh well too late now.any way that's why I would like to get the measurements to be sure.that and there is no front end on it.quite the project!