Sign in to follow this  
PaleRider

1969 Front on a 1970

Ive got a 69 vert that needs a full restoration. I'm contemplating putting 69 fastback qtrs on it like I seen in Overhaulin. I already have a 70 Boss Tribute so I thought I would like to do a 69 type style. I think the front end on 69 is a litle more aggresive. I can probably get head light buckets from a local mustang boneyard. Just curious if anyone else has done this and is it basically a bolt on affair. thanks

Agree - all bolt on! The 69 front marker lights are in the lower valance and the 70 is in the fenders. If you have ALL the 69 front end stuff (fenders, valance, grille, trim, etc) should bolt right on. Even the hood trim is different. You will have to do a little wiring harness swap or mod too for the 4 headlights vs 2

Back in the day (70's & 80's) if you wrecked a 69 or 70 Mustang & could only get the opposite year nose they were installed. It has been done, as stated simple bolt on.