Sign in to follow this  
Brian Conway

69 Brake booster ?

Looking for a little help with a correct assembly line power disc brake booster. My car is a 9/19/68 Metuchen CJ. OE would have been a Bendix, crimped not banded body with the check valve at the 10 o'clock position. Is the BENDIX logo, stamped on the front/center, vertical or horizontal ? Any other stamped/imprinted info; part number, date code, sheet metal ? Thanks, Brian

I assume you are talking about not an ink-stamp but rather physically stamped metal logo. It should be a horizontal Bendix with numbers below. I don't recall what the numbers stand for

PU0067_1969_Mustang_Brake_Booster_1.jpg

Thanks for the picture and a place to start. Went to the www.deadnutson.com site, 69-70 Parts section, and the cover picture shows a early 69 Dearborn car with a midland brake booster. Adds to my confusion. Any of you guys with early 69 east Coast cars and OE boosters ? Brian

Edited by Brian Conway

Thanks for the picture and a place to start. Went to the www.deadnutson.com site, 69-70 Parts section, and the cover picture shows a early 69 Dearborn car with a midland brake booster. Adds to my confusion. Any of you guys with early 69 east Coast cars and OE boosters ? Brian

This is not off my car but a 69 east coast car but not sure of build date.

number looks like 9501 but not sure what it means either it is also a bendix