Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Mac

Interior Makeover

I initially thought my seats needed new foam and then I decided to replace my carpet, door panels, seat upholstery / foam and add ball bearings to my clutch pedal support. You know how one job can snowball! I decided to step out of the box and use the new TMI Products Sport R seats. My Mach had white seats with a black strip. After much contemplation, I ended up ordering a custom set, black with a white stripe and TMI logo deleted. Attached are a few pictures of the seat and door panel. They look awesome. http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alan_MacDougall/library/Mach1/New%20Mach1%20Interior

I initially thought my seats needed new foam and then I decided to replace my carpet, door panels, seat upholstery / foam and add ball bearings to my clutch pedal support.

I think most of us can relate... :whistling:

Pretty cool seats. I love it when modifications to a car look stock, but isn't. Makes you look twice. Did you go with loop or cutpile carpet? I'm considering cutpile myself.

I installed the 70 Mach1 ACC carpet with the loop pile. It has the 70 OEM strip inserts in the front where as the older ACC repop version had the 69 inserts in the front. It looks good but not a perfect fit. TMI Products now makes a cutpile carpet for our cars.

Chilliin in NH; You have a pretty sweet ride yourself! I am very happy I bought a Crescent diagonal cutter PS5429C. It has 2X the mechanical advantage over a standard diagonal cutter. It really helped cutting a ton of hog rings off. Also a hand steamer helped to stretch the covers over the new foam. It took quite an effort to do the seat. I think it took me 10+ hrs to do one seat and I wasn't fooling around.