Sign in to follow this  
clark1969

Doug's Headers Installed

I installed a set of Doug's ceramic coated headers (Model D669Y) on my '69 Mustang with a 351 Windsor and auto trans. Did not have to use a power steering drop bracket. Fairly easy to install from underneath and there are no clearance issues. They certainly look better than the rusty Hooker headers that I replaced.

I actually have the Dougs ceramic coated headers on my 68FB with 351C. Fit like a glove.

Sorry, I don't have PS so I can't advised first hand with the drop bracket. If your headers are to close the PS cylinder / hose connection, you may have to use the drop bracket. Just don't weld it in. Add a brace that runs from the back of the drop bracket to the front toque box gusset. (see attachments)

Not my idea but who ever come up with it hit the nail on head with this idea. We've done this mod to my brothers 69 Mach I. Takes away a lot of stress on front frame rail and eliminates the "flexing" of the bracket

I installed a set of Doug's ceramic coated headers (Model D669Y) on my '69 Mustang with a 351 Windsor and auto trans. Did not have to use a power steering drop bracket. Fairly easy to install from underneath and there are no clearance issues. They certainly look better than the rusty Hooker headers that I replaced.

Pics, pics, we need to see pics!!!!

Bob

I actually have the Dougs ceramic coated headers on my 68FB with 351C. Fit like a glove.

Sorry, I don't have PS so I can't advised first hand with the drop bracket. If your headers are to close the PS cylinder / hose connection, you may have to use the drop bracket. Just don't weld it in. Add a brace that runs from the back of the drop bracket to the front toque box gusset. (see attachments)

Not my idea but who ever come up with it hit the nail on head with this idea. We've done this mod to my brothers 69 Mach I. Takes away a lot of stress on front frame rail and eliminates the "flexing" of the bracket

Hey if you dont mind could you post up some pictures of your headers installed? I assume they are the D670S4 headers. Also is your car a automatic or manual with the the factory equalizer bar?

Thanks, Jesse

Hey if you dont mind could you post up some pictures of your headers installed? I assume they are the D670S4 headers. Also is your car a automatic or manual with the the factory equalizer bar?

Thanks, Jesse

I will try my best to take some photos this evening of my headers on my car and post them. Yes, I have the stock equalizer bar with a 4-speed top loader. I think (but not sure) that my equalizer bar is the big block style. (Its been so long since I bought the equalizer bar from MU)