Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

351C Aftermarket Oil Pressure Gauge Install??

I'm looking to install aftermarket water temp and oil pressure gauges in my Torino. I have a 351C and I'm not sure how to hook up the oil pressure gauge to the oil pressure sending unit. I'm used to the canister style oil pressure sending units like in my old 302 not the style sending unit on the top of the block like the 351C.

Any pics of wiring hookups for both the temp and oil pressure gauges would be appreciated.

Is your aftermarket oil gauge electric or oil fed?

It's electrical. I think for the oil sending unit I can just put a "T" fitting in that will still allow me to use both sending units.

I just need to think of a way to still hook up both temp sending units. I can always disconnect the dash gauge but I like having both the dash and aftermarket gauges working in tandem. It helps to give a numerical point of reference to compare against the dash gauge readings.

Big Secz, I have the ford racing oil pressure gauge in my 68 w/ 351C. I kept my original pressure switch unit down near the Fuel pump/oil filter by installing the common extension. I installed the ford racing sending unti on top of the block just behind the intake. Its not noticeable unless your looking for it.

I don't have an additional temp gauge but I am using the sender as mounted from the factor in the front face of the block. I have also seen many water temp sending units installed in a port in the water pump. You might consider this option if keeping the original hook up but also adding the additional gauge. No reason you cant use both locations.

Big Secz, I have the ford racing oil pressure gauge in my 68 w/ 351C. I kept my original pressure switch unit down near the Fuel pump/oil filter by installing the common extension. I installed the ford racing sending unti on top of the block just behind the intake. Its not noticeable unless your looking for it.

That's exactly what I did when I ran a 351C years ago.