Sign in to follow this  
mjgraniero

Brake Pedal Install Help

Unfortunately I don't know anyone local with an auto trans stang that can help out so I'm hoping some folks on here can offer suggestions. The car came without a brake pedal so I purchased a new pedal and pedal support mount (in case I needed that too). The new pedal installed at its highest point is only a few inches from the firewall (not floor where you would rest your foot) at its farthest point. Is this correct? It doesn't leave much room for pedal movement. The curved end of the new pedal hits the inside of the support mount and prevents it from raising any higher. It seems too low (close to the wall) to me. I can post pictures needed.

Can someone with an auto trans/power disc brake measure their pedal distance to the wall, both extended and fully depressed?

CJ pony insists I have the correct part (part no. pDA3), as does NPD. NPD sells two versions, one with the curved end and one without. The one without is more expensive and considered "better repro" but they insist both will work.

If I can get the distance from pedal to firewall and pedal travel distance from someone with the same car it will save me a lot of hassle.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Last one I installed on a 67 Cougar had to be mounted in the uppermost hole. It would

bind up so I had grind some off the rounded top end. Took a couple shots to get it.

Hope that's what you were asking. Steve

We have it fit to the correct location and the movement isn't restricted. My concern is the closeness of the pedal to the firewall at rest and when depressed. It seems too close.