Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

interior panels

what do you say is the best interior rear trim panels for the 69 mustang fastbacks seat area?

should i go with original fiberglass, new ABS repos, or if they make them Repo fiberglass???

ryan

I purchased a set of the so called ABS plastic ones and looking at the back side it sort of looks like fiberglass so I don't know if it has any fiberglass in it or not. What I can tell you about the ones I purchased is I had to do some cutting and trimming to make them fit. Also they do make an after market set that's roughly double the price of the ABS ones and they call them like the original one but I don't know if they mean fiberglass or not.

Dave

I have had both. The fiberglass repos I had weren't shaped exactly right (the pice by the window bowed out, didn't want to sit flush on the wind lace) but was otherwise accurate. I bought a pair of abs ones for my recent project car. They are very flimsy but otherwise look nice. I am going to scuff the backs and add fiberglass mat and resin. I think it will give them the needed strength. At $157 shipped I think they're a decent value as well.

where did you guys buy these at?

I see CJ has a ABS set and Dallas mustang has a fiberglass set.

I think the fiberglass set is $25-30 more

Do you think the Dynacore is the better manufacture?

As indianfiremach said I too got mine at $157 on eBay but I have not seen them for that price at classic mustang retailers they are more like $185.

I noticed Mustangsunlimited has the ABS for about $185 and the fiberglass

for about $320. Kentucky Mustang has the Dynacorn for about $384

I think it was but didn't say if it was fiberglass or not. These are the prices that I found when looking for mine they could be more or less now.

Dave