Sign in to follow this  
waketek516

What seat do I have

hey Guys... I was going through more parts last night, and I'm not sure what rear seat I have.

Any help is appreciated on how it bolts in. It looks like it uses hinges that attach to the floor, and maybe latches on the side? However, I don't think this is a flip down seat since its only two sections - not three.

DSC04242_zps549a0667.jpg

DSC04239_zps82bd35b7.jpg

DSC04240_zps28080ca4.jpg

hey Guys... I was going through more parts last night, and I'm not sure what rear seat I have.

Any help is appreciated on how it bolts in. It looks like it uses hinges that attach to the floor, and maybe latches on the side? However, I don't think this is a flip down seat since its only two sections - not three.

DSC04242_zps549a0667.jpg

DSC04239_zps82bd35b7.jpg

DSC04240_zps28080ca4.jpg

Just went through this myself the fixed rear seat and fold down has the same hinge at the bottom but the non fold down has a fixed bracket at the top of the rear seat steel panel. Here is a pic.

Does CJs (or similar) sell the hardware I'd need? i'd probably just run it as a fixed back.

It is my understanding that this hardware is not reproduced.

At least I could never find it, I had to locate used OEM parts.

Once in a while you can find the hinges and brackets on eBay.

Dave

It is my understanding that this hardware is not reproduced.

At least I could never find it, I had to locate used OEM parts.

Once in a while you can find the hinges and brackets on eBay.

Dave

Damn - that sucks. It's such a simple bracket too! I have the hinges luckily. I guess worst case I could make my own until I find some.

Mustangstofear is right according to the rear quarter trim it appears that your car had the fold down seat. That would explain why you don't have the fixed brackets. So I guess now you have the decision of finding the rest of the fold down or just make it a fixed seat. Personally if it came as a fold down I believe I would try to put it back that way.

Dave

Mustangstofear is right according to the rear quarter trim it appears that your car had the fold down seat. That would explain why you don't have the fixed brackets. So I guess now you have the decision of finding the rest of the fold down or just make it a fixed seat. Personally if it came as a fold down I believe I would try to put it back that way.

Dave

I don't think much of these parts are original, so I'm not sure exactly what it was. I know finding the parts for the fold downs is a PITA and also expensive. So it may just end up as a fixed back for the near future until I can swing the money for the fold down.

Check ebay for the brackets. It may take some time though because those things go in cycles. The reason fold down stuff is so expensive is simple. Everyone wants to add a fold down to their car even if it did not have one and there is a finite supply of parts. I prefer the fixed seat myself. The folders rattle a lot when driving down the road necessitating in increased radio volume which accelerates hearing loss which means having to buy hearing aids for which I would rather spend that money else where. B.

I found ONE bracket on ebay today and picked it up... if I can't find a second in the next year or so, I'll just make one.

0b98479c-9201-41c2-b986-6fb3ab0dfcf6_zpsb13415a9.png

Yah that's what I was going to do until I found a set. It's no big deal to make especially since you have one hand just make mirror image of it. I believe the one you have is drivers side. I got mine a good while ago by the time I am ready to use them I'll probably have to purchase or make a set because the set I have will be lost.

Dave

Mustangstofear is right according to the rear quarter trim it appears that your car had the fold down seat. That would explain why you don't have the fixed brackets. So I guess now you have the decision of finding the rest of the fold down or just make it a fixed seat. Personally if it came as a fold down I believe I would try to put it back that way. Dave

His Marti report doesn't list SportDeck in the options, nor does the black seat & paneling match the Marti report (BF - Medium Ginger). None of that stuff is original to 116572. It had a fixed rear seat.