Sign in to follow this  
bobh67

wheel options

Any recommendation on 15" wheels probably 8" on the rear and 7" on the front. I must have wheels with min. 2 3/4" diameter center hub hole. Most wheels are 2 1/4" center dia. I have Granada front spindles and that is why the bigger diameter center hole I need. Going on a '69 sportsroof.

Any recommendation on 15" wheels probably 8" on the rear and 7" on the front. I must have wheels with min. 2 3/4" diameter center hub hole. Most wheels are 2 1/4" center dia. I have Granada front spindles and that is why the bigger diameter center hole I need. Going on a '69 sportsroof.

The measurement of 2 1/4" centerhole is where the centercap goes. The hub on the brake rotor will not come anywhere close to the end of the wheel. I run 15x7 on the front and 15x8 on the rear.

The measurement of 2 1/4" centerhole is where the centercap goes. The hub on the brake rotor will not come anywhere close to the end of the wheel. I run 15x7 on the front and 15x8 on the rear.

Its not the size of the wheel such as 15x7 and 15x8... It is the center diameter at the back. I have 1969 Magnum 500's here at the shop and they don't fit. The center hole in the back is too small dia. Same way with 1969 styled steel wheels.They don't fit either.

So, what I am looking for is another brand that has a2 3/4" min rear diameter. Anyone deal with this before? Looking for something chromed,polished ,alum or ? but not black

Just a thought outside of the box, but is it possible to take the .250" diametrically off of the hub? If so, if you know someone with a lathe they could machine it down for you. It would open up your wheel options.

Jim