Sign in to follow this  
-mikko-

Front fender installation

Hello!

My car is missing those metal pieces where front fender is bolted (body near rocker panel) I mean those lower two bolts which are located in fenders... => hope you understand what I mean :huh:

Is there any repair parts for these available? If not could someone help me and measure how long are these (from body) and measure points where I should weld these also...

Thank you allready!!!:blush:

Hello!

My car is missing those metal pieces where front fender is bolted (body near rocker panel) I mean those lower two bolts which are located in fenders... => hope you understand what I mean :huh:

Is there any repair parts for these available? If not could someone help me and measure how long are these (from body) and measure points where I should weld these also...

Thank you allready!!!:blush:

The one most forward toward the front wheel well I think is called the splash shield bracket and it bolts to the fender and the edge of the torque box. The other one there should be a square hole in the rocker panel and the square nut is located there. I had one missing also and I purchased one from Mustangsunlimited and had to tack weld it to the rocker panel.

I can get measurements if you want them but if the fender is on the car you should easily see where they are located. Also the ell bracket is available from Mustangsunlimited .

The one most forward toward the front wheel well I think is called the splash shield bracket and it bolts to the fender and the edge of the torque box. The other one there should be a square hole in the rocker panel and the square nut is located there. I had one missing also and I purchased one from Mustangsunlimited and had to tack weld it to the rocker panel.

I can get measurements if you want them but if the fender is on the car you should easily see where they are located. Also the ell bracket is available from Mustangsunlimited .

Thanks for information, I find those bolts (square nuts), but not that bracket (Mustangsunlimited) => do you have part number?

FRB-V.jpg

CJ Pony Parts lists them as fender reinforcement bracket 1967-1970 located at the bottom of the fender behind the front wheel. Attaches to the bottom splash shield hole. Part #-FRB-V. Hope that helps.

Mike.

Thanks for information, I find those bolts (square nuts), but not that bracket (Mustangsunlimited) => do you have part number?

The brackets from Mustangsunlimited are $9.95/PR and the part # is SSB1 and it is on page 200 of there Catalog